Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Lewis Carroll - Lines from Elisa Gabbert's Poem With A Theshold



In honour of Lewis Carroll's birthday - January 27th, 1832 - and in anticipation of my upcoming review of Elisa Gabbert's 'The French Exit' - a few lines playing with Alice in Wonderland, from her "Poem With A Threshold."

I left the party through the French exit
to the smaller one inside

where the cake said
I HAVE NO CONCEPT OF TIME.

Look into my image
distortion disorder and tell me

what you really feel...

I'll be thinking aloud about Elisa's poems in a few days, and will even provide the rest of the words to this one. In the meantime, check out the interview below, for some insight into the way she thinks about her work.

1 comment:

  1. Fascinating exploration! I wish I could drag out my Carroll book. but it is packed.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete